The historic center of the Municipality of Bibbona is characteristic for the suggestive tangle of medieval alleys and squares paved with stone, the beautiful 11th-century Pieve di San Ilario is worthy of note, with its original trapezoid shape.
The church retains an original part of the Romanesque period, inside there are two ancient marble stoups and a precious painting, the Madonna del Rosario.
Also worth seeing is the Renaissance church of Santa Maria della Pietà, with its characteristic Greek cross plan, located right at the entrance to the town, inside which there is a beautiful 14th-century Pietà, and beautiful 17th-century marble furnishings.
A coat of arms of the Vallombrosan order stands out on the façade of the church of San Giuseppe, testifying to the ancient presence of the monks.
The medieval seat of the Municipality bears witness to the rich traditions of civil life of these places, collected in the historical archive of the Municipality.
Leaving the medieval village we approach the coast, where around the 1700 fort – built on the sea to defend the area from pirate raids – one of the most popular tourist resorts of the Etruscan Coast was born and developed: Marina di Bibbona.
The beaches of Marina di Bibbona – often awarded with Blue Flags and Legambiente’s Sails – are the destination of a tourism that loves relaxing holidays, in contact with nature.
The long and wide sandy beach, at times shaped by dunes and bobbins of Mediterranean scrub, is bordered by a clear sea and a splendid pine forest.